Friday, June 27, 2008

Very Special Agents by James Moore, ATF Retired

I'm really big on being factually accurate, even in fiction. When I started writing Ryan from The Spell back in 2003 -- yes, it's been through a ton of re-working as I honed Kelly, the heroine -- I tried to find an ATF agent to make sure he was factually accurate. Not a one. They are truly the epitome of the strong silent type.

As an agency they have been bounced around from umbrella agency to umbrella agency and all the while maintained their professionalism. I knew this from things I'd seen, but finding someone to ask about it wasn't happening. Then I came across Mr. Moore's book and what an eye opener. And....he confirmed in the opening chapter that they are indeed the guys who hang in the background do their job and go home.

So, now, with that in mind -- what kind of powerful spell would make even a stalwart guy like Ryan take the left hand lane?

No comments: